Friday, January 15, 2010

Busy Day


Today seemed like a very busy day, and it is only half over. Cassidy went on her first field trip out here. Will ended up being a chaperone because I was freaked out with her going alone and possibly having a seizure. She has been having small seizures lately and we don't get her into the neurologist until Wednesday. Oh, and I should mention where the field trip was. It was the Ocean Institute in a town called Dana Point. They get to learn all about the ocean and of course go out on a boat. I was so nervous that the rocking of the boat would make her go into a seizure. It seems like the smallest things these days cause them. They just got home a little bit ago and she had the best time. She told me all about the trip, that she saw starfish, crabs and plankton when they pulled up mud from the ocean floor. She also saw sea lions and dolphins, how cool :) And she is home now and safe, I know, I am very over-protective, poor girl. As for me and the smaller ones, we had a day of story time followed by a long meeting for the Girl Scouts. We have a World Thinking Day coming up in February and it is in the planning process, which is always fun times, lol. However, this year the theme is poverty and hunger, I think it will be awesome for the girls to learn about other countries and learn just how good they have it. I know Cassidy thinks nothing of living by the ocean, she actually thinks that we will buy one of the huge houses that sit on the beach soon :) And especially with the devastation in Haiti right now, I think it is good for the girls to get a glimpse of other countries. So, after a long day, I say bring on the soft cuddly couch socks and cup of coffee, I am ready!

1 comment:

Launa said...

What an absolutely beautiful picture of you two! Missin you all! Hope to see ya soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails