Sunday, September 12, 2010

Aquarium


A couple of weekends ago we drove up to my moms and decided to take the girls to the aquarium.  My mom doesn't live too far from there and the day was nice so we thought, "why not walk?".  So, Hayley in the stroller and the other two tagging along, we all headed to the aquarium.  About 10 minutes later we were there.....or so we thought.  We cut across the parking lot to get to the entrance and the parking lot was filled.  Filled with not only cars but tons of people dressed like they were going to a wedding.  Do you think that was my first clue that maybe we weren't actually at the aquarium?  That maybe we should ask where we were and how to actually get to our destination?  Nope, my poor family was hot and sweaty and my mom has a bum leg from an accident years ago but I made us go all the way to the building and half way around before I turned to say "I don't think this is the aquarium".  They all love me so they didn't say it but I knew they were thinking just how amazingly bright I am.  But to my defense, the darn building is huge and round and is painted like the freakin ocean.  Whales and dolphins adorn the outside, it screams aquarium!!!  We soon found out for sure we were in the wrong place and were directed to our destination, a good few miles away.  It was too far to turn back to get the car so we decided to hoof it.  We did have a nice view on our way there.  There is a sweet little park with a lake and paddle boats!

We eventually made it and the girls were stoked, especially this one.


This one was pretty much over it and wanted to sleep.


But we all had a great time.  I must admit, I have been to better aquariums.  There wasn't too much to see, it was mostly educational.  I don't think that is bad but the girls wanted to see animals so they didn't care about educational.  The one cool exhibit we came across was the giant sting rays that were being fed by scuba divers.


Kendall is the little one on the far right, she was waving like mad and would squeal every time they waved back.  She is such an animal lover, I can see her working for Sea World or a zoo one day. 

At the end of the day we were smart enough to catch the bus back to my moms house.  There was no way we were walking all the way back!  We ended with a bbq and some wine and Cass even got to stay the night!  Next weekend, we are tackling the zoo......and we are definitely driving to that one :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails