Monday, September 27, 2010

What A Weekend!

On Friday, my Girl Scout co-leader Amanda and myself took 7 fun filled girls up the mountain for some camping.  The trip started out on a crazy, not so fun note when on Thursday night Amanda was looking for rocks to take to camp (for our rock painting of course) and her ankle slipped and snapped leading her to have a cast put on it and being on crutches.  Cast and crutches just don't mix with mountains and camping.  Then of course I still had that nasty cough that just wouldn't go away.  I was not contagious, don't worry, but it was there and it was driving me crazy.  So, mix that in with dry dusty mountain air and I felt like I was breathing with a 10 pound rock on my chest.  It was good times all around.  Actually, it was a whole lotta fun.  The girls were stoked to see bunk beds in their cabins and deer hopping around the lodge.  we had a dance party, time to play princesses in our cabin, hikes, challenge courses, rock painting, shirt making, swimming and bonfires filled with s'mores.  Cass didn't do so well the night of the bonfire.  Camera flashes kept going off and that eventually put her Epilepsy in full swing and we headed back to the cabin.  Other than that small blip on the radar, a good time was had by all.  I do grumble thinking of going on trips like these, thinking of what a relaxing weekend I could have had and all the things I could have done here at home.  But, when i think of all the great memories that were made and that hopefully as the girls grow older they will remember all of the fun times we had and things we learned, that right there makes me want to take them out every single weekend.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails