Friday, September 10, 2010

Cancer Sucks

What does cancer look like?


Cancer looks like tears streaming down the cheeks of those left behind.  Cancer is that empty spot at the table, the phone call that never gets answered, the little girl missing out on the most amazing daddy.  In about 2 weeks, it will be 2 years since my brother has been gone.  When I see the picture above, I see my beautiful sister-in-law, my beautiful niece and the empty spot in between where my brother should be.  He was only 33!!!!  Cancer doesn't care!  He wanted to be an amazing dad, he wanted to know why he was being taken.  Our father left us when I was only 2, he didn't care about us and didn't care to wonder about us.  My brother wanted to be there for his little girl, he didn't want to leave her, but cancer didn't care.  Cancer didn't want to give him the chance.  Cancer is a horrible disease!  I am watching stand up 2 cancer tonight, I think I have been working on this post for 30 minutes now but it is hard to type when the tears are blurring my vision and my mind is fuzzy so it is hard to get out a complete thought.  I know times are tough, but if you can ever give, please, I am begging from the bottom of my heart, take the time and give.  There should be no reason why I should have to live without my brother, my SIL without her husband and my niece without her daddy.  It is so unfair and my heart aches each and every day!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

the Langlands family said...

You are a beautiful woman. Well written. Now you have me crying. -Angela

The Hall Family said...

Thank you Angela, right back at ya :) And sorry for making you cry :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails