Monday, September 20, 2010

Non-Zoo Day

Since our little girls birthday is coming up and in the middle of the week, we decided that on Saturday we would take all of the kids to the zoo.  They had been so excited for the whole week.  About 5:45 in the morning, I heard the sounds of my crying baby.  Weird, she normally sleeps until at least 7 if not later, maybe she just woke up for a bit but would lay back down to sleep.  That was soon followed by sounds of puking.  Yep, time to get up.  I walked into her room and my sweet faced baby was sitting in her bed with her bottom lip stuck out and was not too happy to be getting sick.  After bed sheets and numerous blankets and snugglies were in the wash and one sweet baby was all cleaned from her bath, we sat on the couch to try to calm down.  Our thinking was that she would be better within a couple of hours.  Our middle one had the same thing happen last week and after 4 hours, she was up running around and able to hold down food just fine.  However, almost 6 hours later she was still not fine.  So, the zoo was out and our older two were not happy.  I knew I still wanted to take them somewhere so daddy volunteered to stay home with the sick baby while I got to take the other two out.  However, because I am weird and not able to stand on my own, I whined that I didn't want to go alone.  That I wanted to have some sort of company....adult company.  So, one call to my mom and within a couple of hours, we had met her at a nice little outdoor shopping center that had a Dave and Busters.  If you have never been, it is a huge gaming place with food and all kinds of things to spend money on.  So, that's exactly what we did.  We spent our money and played some games.  One walked out with a new necklace and bracelet and the other a wallet.  I know for a fact it would have been cheaper to buy those in a store versus spend a ton of money and "win" them.  We walked around for a bit looking at all of the different stores.  The girls loved spending time with Grandma!


After a while we left one shopping area to go to another one, ha.  We drove just a few miles down the road to Downtown Disney.  I really love going there.  I guess if you cant actually go to Disneyland, this is the next best place.  We met my Maemaw, Aunt, Uncle and Cousin and all had dinner at the Rainforest Cafe.  It was super yummy and great company!  Even though there wasn't a zoo involved and my poor baby didn't get to partake in any festivities, it was still a great day!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails