Monday, July 19, 2010

Crazy Weather

A couple of days ago we got some pretty weird weather here in California.  I actually saw my friend Ashley post on Facebook that the storm was crazy and her power was out.  I looked out my window to blue skies and no clouds.  I basically told her she was nuts because it was a beautiful day outside.  Around an hour later I smelled rain.  The smell you get when you have had a huge storm and you walk outside after and it smells like fresh rain and concrete.  I first thought that maybe someone had hosed off their patio or driveway and that's why I was smelling it.  Then I decided just to go look outside.  To the north was beautiful blue skies, to the south were jet black ominous skies.  Yep, there was the storm.  I was able to watch it actually move over our house.  And since we have lived in the midwest for years it was normal for me to see it, and I had been missing parts of the midwest so I guess it was God giving me a little bit of back east.  However, all the California natives?  They went crazy!!!!  a guy on the news had a video of the storm and screaming that it was the end of the world and if anyone found the tape, he was alive and to find him.  And I thought I was nutty!!!!  I don't remember the Bible saying God will come back via thunder storm and rain.  People, it is a storm, a summer storm that makes the weather hot and sticky.  Granted, it normally happens far east of here but it is still a normal thing.  And what did we get in the end?  A beautiful rainbow that I saw go from the beach to the hill behind my house.

And after the first rainbow, I saw a faint second rainbow form right on top of the other.  A double rainbow!!!



I know it is hard to see but if you look a little above the first one, you will see a faint line of the second.  It was so faint it was hard to capture on film, but it was super pretty and I for one loved the storm!!!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails