Saturday, July 31, 2010

Day At The Zoo

Last night we were trying to think of something to do to get us out of this house.  It seems like we haven't really done much lately and the summer is quickly coming to a close.  However, we wanted to keep it cheap and local.  And yes, California is filled with many attractions, however most of them seem to require quite a bit of money.  Something that doesn't grow on trees for us here.  We live really close to Mission San Juan Capistrano and i have been wanting to go see it but I know it would come with many moans and groans and cries of boredom for my children so that was out.  And needless to say, all the other museums I would love to go to were out as well.  I don't feel like being banned from these places.  So, the zoo it was.  And it had to be a cheaper zoo.  The San Diego Zoo was calling my name but if I am going to pay the admission there, I might as well go to Disneyland.  So, to the Santa Ana Zoo it was.  We had a good time, it was not huge or filled with tons to see, but it is also in the middle of the city, you can see the freeway which runs down one side of the zoo.  Wow, I really know how to make something sound appealing don't I?  Maybe this will be a good time to show you my sweet girls with faces filled with excitement.....


See?  Who needs a huge zoo?  All you need is a gigantic fake frog and all is right with the world once again.  I feel it right to also mention that this was the first zoo trip for my littlest one.  She had no clue what a zoo was and why her older sisters were giddy at the mere mention of the word.  Now?  Oh, now I think she gets it, the girl had a blast!!!!  She got to pet a goat (and pet may mean grabbing it by the ears and tugging it around), look at pigs, listen to geese squawk in her face and even take a ride in a mini train around the whole zoo.  Oh, and then there was this moment, my absolute defining moment of the day....



Oh, of only I had taken a video of this or even just recorded the sound.  At this point we had gone down what they call "Monkey Row".  She was super excited to see the monkeys but some of them were tiny and were hidden from plain sight.  I think by the time we got to the 10th cage of monkeys, she was done.  At the end of the monkeys was a camel.  We tried to get her attention but for a good solid minute so just wanted to check out what other kids were doing.  Then, she turned and saw him.  It was followed by the sweet face you see above and big "ooooooohhhhhhh".  She did the "ooooohhhh" and adorable face about 5 or 6 times and it was the cutest thing I had ever seen.  She was so fascinated!!!  The "oooohhhhh" quickly turned into a hands outreached and trying to free herself so she could go and be one with the camel which was followed by a little breakdown when told no.  Later, her older sister got to ride the camel with daddy.



I think that was when her love affair with the camel ended.  As soon as the camel took off with her dad and sister on board, she lost it.  She screamed and looked mortified and reached for them.  She tried to break free of her belt in her stroller and wasn't happy until dad and sister were safe and back on land, ha.  All in all, we had a fantastic day.  It even felt like summer!!!!  And what day couldn't be fantastic when it is ended with this marvelous creation?



The girl is in love!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Launa said...

Wow! Looks like you had a great time at the zoo!! We should join you one of these days!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails