Monday, July 5, 2010

Oh Holy Cookie!!!!

There are quite a few blogs I read everyday and one happens to be Bakerella.  I found this woman pretty amazing in the first place and think you should definitely check out her site, but did you also know that she franchises with Disney now?  Her fun cake pops that she does as Disney characters are featured on Disney websites, how cool!!!  The other day she made a recipe called pillow cookies.  OMG, they looked amazing.  They consist of a brownie surrounded by a chocolate chip cookie.  They reminded me of a cookie I made by Paula Deen around Christmas where you take any miniature chocolate or peanut butter cup, whatever warms your sweet heart and surround it by a sugar cookie and bake.  Super yummy but I must tell you, they turned out gigantic.  and on this I am not exaggerating.  My Aunt went to check the cookies and all we heard was "Oh my gosh, you need to come see this".  My 6 cookies I put on the pan were the size of the whole pan!!!!!  This new recipe by Bakerella said the cookies are huge as well.  I gotta admit, that kind of freaked me out!!!!  I was thinking of ways to make them smaller.  I was also not able to place the brownie in the middle as she told you to do.  I ended up putting my brownie on a cookie sheet and then putting my cookie dough on top, covering the whole brownie.  To make the cookie look better and have it look like there isn't anything inside, you should push down the brownie a bit so it isn't in a huge lump, but not so smooshed where it is flat.  Ok, so on to the cookies.  Here mine are when they came out of the oven.

Looks like a normal chocolate chip cookie right?  Now, all you need to do is split it in half and you get this.


Do I need to even say YUUMMMMYYYY!!!  Do you see the chocolate chips all gooey?  This cookie is amazing and if I was a secret eater, I would have stolen the whole batch while my family slept.  Not all of my cookies came out so perfect.  Ask my friends.  With some you could totally tell that there was a huge ball of brownie in the middle.  That was before I figured I should smoosh it down a little.  Either way though, they are to die for and I recommend making them asap!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails