Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I Should Go To Culinary School

If for no other reason than tonight's dinner.  How does pea soup turn brown?  I have never seen little maggot shaped things pop out of peas.  I made sure they were indeed not maggots or living and I think it was a part of the inside of the pea, I found a raw one I had only soaked but not cooked and split it open and say the thing in there, maybe more like a stem and not a maggot but if I say maggot, you will get the throw up in your mouth feeling I have.  I could not bring myself to eat it, my family did though and they loved it.  Will called me a hypochondriac however when asked if he knew I didn't make it and saw it in a restaurant if he would order it....when that came with a no and he wanted to spit out his food when I pretended to make puke noises, I knew it wasn't as great as they all swore it was.  Cass did have 2 bowls though.......should I worry, ha.  I made everyone smoothies after to make up for it but even that failed.  We had one popsicle left so I decided smoothies for the big kids, popsicle for the baby.  She loved it, until she took a bite out of it, chewed for a good 5 seconds and started screaming in pain from the cold.  I wonder what else I can turn my kids off of?  Maybe I can make dessert super nasty and they will crave nothing but broccoli and brussel sprouts from now on :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails