Friday, July 23, 2010

The Real Purpose Of A High Chair

Many of you may think that high chairs are for the purpose of feeding a small child.  To spoon feed your young one before they are able to sit at the big table with everyone else.  But we here in the Hall household have found 2 main purposes for our high chair.  The first?


Learning all about bacon!  Our sweet angel still only has 4 teeth which we lovingly refer to as her beavers.  She has her front two on top and bottom.  Therefore, we still try to feed her somewhat mashable food, food she can chew in her gums or gnaw with her beaver teeth.  So when we had bacon, we decided to let her try.  Man did she love herself some bacon!!!  I think she would have sprouted teeth and gnawed like a beaver as soon as she was born if we wafted a piece of bacon in front of her.  She went to town on that sucker, the poor little piggy never had a chance!  So, whats the second reason?



Why naps of course.  Who can resist a nap after eating things like bacon in that comfy thing?  The real reason she is asleep is because we have completely screwed her and any chance of a schedule these days.  4 weeks of summer school for Cass and having to run her back and forth have screwed my little one out of her routine.  She was such a sport but it eventually caught up with her.  I still think that if someone sat me in a comfy chair that reclined a bit and gave me bacon, I would totally nap any chance I got.  And I would love someone to carry me in a snuggly sometimes as well, is that wrong?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails